Wednesday 13 July 2011

The Baby Pond Fish

Hi all!

I decided to start a blog about the baby fish we found in our pond.  Two reasons - I'm quite attached to the little things, and secondly I realised I don't know much about them! So hopefully by sharing with you all some more experienced people may be to give some advice?

How about some background.  Here is our fish pond.  It has been recently cleaned.


We have koi carp, goldfish and shubunkins.  We're going to add their lovely clean plants soon.  The exciting thing though, and what brought about this blog, is that while cleaning we found some baby fish.  We decided to separate them until they were a bit bigger, so now they have their own little aquarium in the living room.  The tiny baby ones unfortunately died, maybe due to water change or stress.  But nine are still going strong.



Today I gave them a quick clean, because there was some white stuff in their tank on some left-over food.  Maybe the fish equivalent of mould?  Was I right to do this?  Anyway, I shall keep you posted.  It was a very quick clean so the fish were hopefully not too bothered by it, they swam out the way of the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment