Sunday 17 July 2011

Exciting developments!

So we cleaned the pond out as I mentioned.  We put all the plants from the pond in containers for the time being, and just left them in the garden.


But, today we checked them, and they had literally hundreds of things swimming round in them.  I assume there were eggs in among the plants that had just hatched.  Aww!  I doubt they're tadpoles, although I suppose that's a small possibility.  I didn't see any frogspawn though, which you would've thought I'd have noticed when cleaning the pond.

The tubs were close to over-flowing because of rain, plus the water was stagnant.  I doubt all of the fish will survive (we'll call them fish for the moment) but I can try.  To prevent them spilling out and dying we scooped them out using a jug, and put some of the water into another tub, the white one there.  There are so many of them that it was easy to scoop a lot up quickly.  Then of course it started to rain, as usual.  But the fish seemed alright in their new tub, and hopefully it'll be better for them as well. Only problem is I've no idea what to do with them all now!  The water really needs to be cleaned, but as my Mam pointed out, they've survived there until now. It's all they've ever known.


 
Just one section of the photo I took, of one small part of the clear tub.  All the black things in the photo are the little fish! Argh look at them all!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment