Monday 22 August 2011

Finally an update

Sorry I've neglected this blog, life got in the way.  Just some updates on the little babies in the tank.

Firstly, one of the smaller ones died :-(  Very sad.  I came downstairs one morning and noticed it floating underneath the filter.  In a vain hope I fished it out (no pun intended) with the net, and put it in a cup of water.  Just in case it sprang back to life, you never know.  Except it didn't.  Awww.  The mutant things also all died, still not sure what they were.  Dad suggested maybe too much rain water got in overnight.  They didn't develop into fish though, maybe blood-worms.

So then there was eight.  They're getting big now.  Except one, Eye-leen whose eyes are big and black, hence the name.  Hopefully the others won't get so big they eat her.

I noticed the plant we have in with them was shedding all its leaves, which were turning brown.  They were just creating debris in the water, and I couldn't get it all out.  I changed some of the water and got as much of the plant out as possible.  Then today I replaced it with a new one.  I decided to get the same kind, and the fish seem to really like it.  It's bunched up with a metal holder so there's about four strands.  The fish seem to like getting lost in it and eating it, which is good.

The guy in the shop also suggested I squash some peas up for them, and put those in.  Hmm maybe.  I think mine are still too small for peas at the moment, even squashed ones.  I don't want them to choke!

No comments:

Post a Comment