Tuesday 23 August 2011

Gravel and tank sizes...

So, I was looking at my little fish swimming about with their new plants.  They seem to really like them.  It suddenly occurred to me that maybe I should get some gravel for the bottom?  The main benefits seem to be it looks nicer, you don't see all the rubbish.  But I don't really mind that...maybe I'm just used to it.  Plus it lets me see when it should be cleaned.  Maybe there's some other, more important reason for having gravel that I'm missing?

Also, little Eye-lene and her friend aren't growing much.  I don't want them to be eaten when the bigger ones get big enough.  I don't know whether the fish tank is big enough for all of them either, there's eight of them, with the biggest one being 2cm.  I know they can only grow as big as their tank, and I don't want to prevent them growing!  But on the other hand I don't want to traumatise them by splitting them up.

Another issue (this is turning into an essay!) are Eye-lene's eyes.  Are they supposed to be black?  I read that could be an infection, so I started watching her to make sure she could see.  She seemed to be finding bits of food alright, so I guess she's okay.  I just don't know why she's got purely black eyes. Birth defect, perhaps.

I shall ponder these things a little longer I think....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment