Saturday 27 August 2011

New developments

I decided to buy a little ornament for the tank, it's a treasure chest.  I haven't got a photo though, maybe later.  But I think the tank is too small for them.  Luckily thanks to www.freecycle.net I've been offered another tank.  It already comes with two goldfish who are 3cm and 6cm, one black and one gold.  The tank is 14 gallons, which is still not ideal but a lot better than what they're in now.  I'm very excited to see the new tank, we're hopefully picking it up tomorrow!  Perhaps if they all look very squashed we could keep some in the smaller tank they're in now.  I'd really have to see, and of course the new goldfish might look a lot bigger so I'd have to make sure they're not going to eat anyone.

I've always thought I was looking after baby carp, but now it turns out goldfish are silver before they turn gold.  So who knows!  Not that I would mind, I'm not a breeder or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment